Central Kentucky Mathematics Circles
The Central Kentucky Mathematical Circles (CKMC) serves pre-college students in Central Kentucky by providing stimulating and engaging mathematical enrichment guided by Faculty Affiliates from throughout the Bluegrass region. Our goal is to provide students with opportunities and encouragement to become passionate and excited about mathematics. General information about math circles and their history can be found on the National Association of Math Circles website. A podcast featuring Ben Braun and Carolyn Troha discussing our Circles is available from Innovate Kentucky.
High School Math Circle:
The High School Math Circle welcomes all interested high school students. There are no admission requirements. Information for parents and students who are considering joining the Circle may be found at our introductory page, by contacting either of the CKMC Directors listed below. Information for participants and the schedule is also available.
Russell Brown, University of Kentucky.
- Benjamin Braun, University of Kentucky.
CKMC Faculty Affiliates:
- Francis Chung, University of Kentucky
- Heide Gluesing-Luerssen, University of Kentucky
- Jerzy Jaromczyk
- David Jensen, University of Kentucky
- Joel Kilty, Centre College
- Peter Knapp, P.L. Dunbar High School
- Carl Lee, University of Kentucky
- Duk Lee, Asbury University
- David Leep, University of Kentucky
- Uwe Nagel, University of Kentucky
- Serge Ochanine, University of Kentucky
- Margaret Readdy, University of Kentucky
- David Royster, University of Kentucky
- Ryan Stuffelbeam, Transylvania University
The CKMC thanks the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, the National Security Agency, the University of Kentucky Department of Mathematics, and the University of Kentucky College of Arts and Sciences for financial support. In addition, a generous donation from a friend of the University of Kentucky Department of Mathematics provides support for our Circles.
We welcome donations in support of our activities. Please contact the directors for information on helping to support our Circles.