Next: About this document
MA123 Homework #4
Due Tuesday, September 22
Read and study sections 2.1 and 2.2 of the textbook.
Work the following problems:
EXAM #1 IS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 5-7 PM
- Section 2.1, problems 1, 3, *4, 5, *6, 9, *10, 19, *20, *26, 27, *28.
- Section 2.2, problems 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, *6, 7, *8, 9, 10, 17, *18, 24, 25, *26.
- The exam will be in a different room. I will announce the room
in class as soon as I know it, and I will also put it on the course webpage.
- CALCULATORS WILL BE PERMITTED, but you will still have to show
your work. For example, if I ask you to determine the intercepts of a
graph, you will have to solve some equations, and you will not be
permitted to simply let the calculator compute the intercepts for you
(most calculators can do this).
- The exam questions will be similar (but not necessarily
identical!) to the homework questions. So how do you know if you are
ready for the exam?
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE redoing every homework problem, and
related problems and examples from the text,
so that you can work each one of them
QUICKLY AND CORRECTLY. Put yourself into test conditions. Time
yourself. Find a partner and shoot questions at each other. If you
hesitate in answering them, you might not be ready yet.
Tue Oct 6 13:37:48 EDT 1998