Next: About this document
MA123 Homework #8
Due Tuesday, October 20
EXAM #2 IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 5-7 PM
- The exam will be in Memorial Hall.
- The exam covers sections 2.3, 2.5, 2.7, 3.1-3.3.
- CALCULATORS WILL BE PERMITTED, but you will still have to show
For example, if I ask you to use calculus to sketch the graph of a
function, you will have to show how you computed the derivatives and
what you did with them.
- The exam questions will be similar (but not necessarily
identical!) to the homework questions.
- To prepare for the exam, I recommend the following strategy:
Get a set of file cards. Using one file card for each homework
problem, copy the problem onto the front of the card, along with the
section number, and the final answer on the back of the card. Shuffle
the cards and choose two from each section. Give yourself one hour to
work all of the problems, but do not check your answers during this
hour. When you are done, check your answers and find out what you did
right and what you did wrong. Consult the homework solutions for the
correct answers. Repeat this procedure until you can score at least 90%.
Read and study section 3.3 of the textbook.
Work the following problems:
- Section 3.3, problems *1, *2, *17, *18, *19, *20.
Tue Oct 13 10:05:49 EDT 1998