Next: About this document
Up: Relations and Functions
Previous: Using Equivalence Relations to
- The set of rational numbers is countable.
- Farey sequences, approximation, and continued fractions.
- Relationship of rational numbers to chords and musical scales.
- The set of real numbers is uncountable.
- Existence of irrationals.
- Computing square roots.
- Geometric interpretation of addition and multiplication of
- Roots and powers of complex numbers.
- Defining the Mandelbrot set.
Wed Sep 30 08:36:10 EDT 1998