Fall 2013: Math 113, Calculus I
Spring 2013: Math 773, Dispersive Waves
Fall 2012: Math 677, Analysis II
Fall 2011: Math 575, Principles of Analysis
Spring 2012: Math 676, Analysis I: Measure Theory and Integration
I am the Director of
for the Department of Mathematics
Spectral and Scattering Theory, Spectral
Inverse Problems, Nonlinear Partial Differential
Equations, Completely Integrable Systems
You can find my preprints on the ArXiV
mixed in with a few from Patrick
a statistician at
Graduated Doctoral Students
- Albert Schueller (1996),
Eigenvalue Asymptotics for
Self-adjoint, Fourth-order, Ordinary Differential
- Zhiqiang Wu (1997), Trace-Class Estimates for Elliptic
Operators and Weyl's Law on Exterior Domains with Fractal Boundaries
Global Existence of Strong Solutions
to the Three-Dimensional Incompressible Navier-Stokes
- Yuho Shin (2006), Geodesics of a Two-Step Nilpotent
- Christopher Frayer (2008),
Scattering with singular Miura
potentials on the line.
- Ryan Walker (2012), On a Paley-Wiener Theorem for the ZS-AKNS Scattering Transform
Peter Perry received his doctorate in Physics from Princeton University
in 1982. He held an NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Courant Institute of
Sciences in 1981-1982, a Bantrell Fellowship in Mathematical
Physics at Caltech in 1982-1985,
and began a tenure-track assistant
professorship at the University of Kentucky in the fall of 1985.
tenured in 1988 and promoted to the rank of full professor in 1994. Perry
a University Research Professorship in 1999-2000 and in 2010
was awarded the title of
College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished
Professor. Perry chaired the Mathematics Department from 2000
to 2004 and
directed the MathExcel program from 2007 to 2011. He is currently the
Director of Graduate Studies
in the Department of Mathematics.
- Resonances for Manifolds Hyperbolic Near Infinity: Optimal
Lower Bounds on Order of Growth, with
Int. Math. Res. Not. 2010. First
published online December 5, 2010, doi:10.1093/imrn/rnq249
- The Miura map on the line, with
Int. Math. Res. Not. 2005,
no. 50, 3091--3133.
- A Poisson summation formula and lower bounds
for resonances in hyperbolic manifolds.
Int. Math. Res. Not.
2003, no. 34, 1837--1851.
- Spectral geometry in dimension 3, with
Peter Petersen V
Acta Math. 173 (1994), 283-305.
- The Laplace operator on hyperbolic three manifolds with
cusps of nonmaximal rank, with
Invent. Math. 106 (1991), no. 2,
- Isospectral sets of conformally equivalent metrics, with
Duke Math. J. 58 (1989), no. 1, 131-150.
- Spectral analysis of N-body Schrödinger operators,
Israel M. Sigal.
Ann. of Math. (2) 114
(1981), no. 3, 519-567.